Thursday, September 16, 2010

A peak inside... Uniquely Gifted, Called according to His purpose

Week 1
Day 1

A peak inside Uniquely Gifted

Day 1
God Speaks
 In this lesson of purpose, calling and spiritual gifts it’s important to know and understand God’s purpose for His people as a whole, so that we can then begin to understand our own calling, gifts and purposes, as women of Christ. Therefore we will begin our study together by examining the basic foundation of God’s covenant relationships with Adam, the first man God made a covenant with, Noah a righteous man that walked with God, Abraham the man God chose to be the father of a great nation and we will journey alongside Moses from the time of his birth to when God placed and extraordinary calling on his life.
 You may ask, why we are studying these covenant relationships in a study on God’s purpose, calling and spiritual gifts. The answer is simple: The relationship that we enjoy with God today and the gifts that we have been given to serve, originated with these men and the promises that God made to them.
                I know that as I began to seek my own unique relationship with God, it was by looking at Gods relationship with others, those who I have encountered through my life and those throughout Scripture who have inspired me in my pursuit of Him. These relationships have given me a clearer understanding of who God is and His purpose for all.
                We will all learn what God has for us through these amazing stories, as well as the life stories of other unique characters we will encounter in this study together. I pray that you will find encouragement, faith, hope and most of all the love that Christ has for you as we journey together. Let’s get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment